Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Having had a marina coil removed which had twisted, and a foul

Customer Question

having had a marina coil removed which had twisted, and a foul smelling jellified substance coming from my bowel prior to having the coil removed, I was suffering from excruciating pain in the abdominal area, I had cervical swabs, blood tests for all sorts of things, the one thing that came back that the GP was concerned about was a reading of 100 for infection, I was told If I heard nothing after another blood test, the infection had cleared up, today I had my first normal stool in a month after which I felt a twinging sensation inside the bowel is this OK.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
that is good your infection has cleared up.
and that your stools now are normal.
a small twinging sensation inside of your bowels and abdomen often is normal.
if you have constipation or large hard stools passing through your bowels, this can cause small twinging pains.
if you have diarrhea or food poisoning or if you didn't wash your hands before you eat, this can cause small occasional pains.
make sure you wash your hands with soap and water before you prepare food and before you eat.
regular exercise and eating more fiber and drinking lots of water can help your bowels work better
eating yogurt daily and taking a daily probiotic pill can help add good bacteria into your bowels
at your age you should be getting annual stool occult blood tests as well to check for microscopic blood in your stool once a year.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
I don't think we can assume this is normalCan you describe the symptoms more fully?