Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have started to experience pain in between my breasts, coming

I have started to experience pain in between my breasts, coming from the breast bone, it's only when I move, when I'm still it doesn't hurt.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,Most likely this is musculoskeletal pain and it usually aggravates on movement, It usually settles down on its own in couple of days. I would suggest you should apply ibuprofen gel on the affected area and you can take tylenol for pain relief, warm compresses and gentle massage would help, If it does not settle down in a week you need to get x-ray chest to rule out other causes.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you, ***** ***** be ok for pain relief? I have Crohn's disease, am I ok to use the ibuprofen gel as I know I can't take in tablet form?
Thank you for your reply, if still no better in a week will get into see my GP.Regards Alison
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
It is ok if you just take paracetamol it would be enough to relieve pain , you can skip the gel. Apply warm compresses.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating.
Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you will leave rating now
Regards Alison