DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am getting nausea which over the last few weeks has

Customer Question

I am getting nausea which over the last few weeks has been coming and going, it is hugely debilitating at times! I am not being sick, just feeling sick and I'm starting to worry I have something wrong with me?
I have had worry and anxiety recently, could this be causing the nausea?
Please help?
Darren
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloAnxiety can cause nausea. However, you need an exam from your doctor: ulcers and gastritis can also do this commonly.So can other problems. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had this come and then go before over the years and it does tend to be when I get worked up, stressed or anxious. It does however subside but sometimes lasts a few months. I don't therefore think it's gastritis or an ulcer as there is no pain. It does make me feel lousy at times though, I just wish there was something I could do to make it go away quicker when it does come on!
Do you have any ideas? It's tough as I enjoy keeping fit but when I was training earlier it makes things much tougher as I'm feeling nauseous when working out! But equally I don't want to stop exercising! I've been to the doctors before with zero findings, they have done bloods etc before but always put it down to stress and anxiety! Maybe I should try natural products like ginger etc etc?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
First of all, gastritis can ulcer symptoms can come and go.You need an H pylori breath test to rule out the bacteria that causes ulcer.We do not diagnose or treat you on this site.Ginger can help with nausea.However, without knowing the cause, that is a self experiment.