Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

My symptoms are difficulty swallowing, excess salivation,

Customer Question

My symptoms are difficulty swallowing, excess salivation, pain in front of both ears [left > right], pain affecting all tissues of both rami of mandibles for 2 months; occasional aching in left ear, pain affecting left side of throat most of the time and occasionally the right side as well for past 10 days. Nothing makes symptoms worse or better.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.These symptoms are concerning. Salivary gland infection can cause all these symptoms commonly. Hence an antibiotic course is considered as first line approach. If no improvement then next step is to get a CT scan of the neck soft tissues with contrast to look for any tumor and enlarged lymph nodes. That will need to be biopsied if present. Salivary gland tumors are also possible. Most of the time benign, but can be cancerous. A ENT surgeon should be consulted with soon. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/