Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

How can I stop my hanhs from shaking ?

Customer Question

How can I stop my hanhs from shaking ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
The approach to stop the hands from shaking would depend upon what was identified as the cause.
Since you have been tried on propranolol, does that mean that the hand shaking was diagnosed as being due to an essential tremor?
I has asked for some further information and have not heard back.
I suspect that this was diagnosed as an essential tremor because propranolol is the usual first-line medicine for essential tremors. If it is an essential tremor and propranolol is not sufficient to control the symptom, there are several other medicines that can be tried. The other medicines that are commonly used are certain seizure medicines, such as primidone or topiramate, or certain antidepressants, such as mirtazapine.
If the hand shaking is from another condition, then other treatments would be appropriate, but it would vary according to the diagnosis. If you have received a different diagnosis, please let me know.