Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

What does the abbreviation C.P.C. mean in relation to bone

Customer Question

what does the abbreviation C.P.C. mean in relation to bones
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.It may be referring to calcium phosphate cement, but the context would help to be certain that this is what is meant.Could you give the context in which the abbreviation was used?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mentioned in response to a blood test
It may have been a reference to calcium phosphate content in the bone.What test was done?What did the doctor say in response to the blood test that included the CPC?
I have not heard back from the last request. One of the ongoing problems in medicine is the plethora of abbreviations, and for many of the abbreviations, the meaning is only apparent when seeing it in the context of the sentence in which it was used. The most common use that I have seen in reference to bone is the cement that I first mentioned, but I do not see how it could have been used in response to a blood test. It may have been used to refer to calcium phosphate content, calcium phosphate composition, or to calcium phosphate crystals. If you can say what test was done and what the doctor said in response to the blood test, then that would help to narrow down what was meant.