Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

A few months ago I went on the minoxidil drug to help retain

Customer Question

Hi a few months ago I went on the minoxidil drug to help retain my hair. I have very minor hair loss (unnoticeable to the untrained eye) and I got bad swelling on the face, which was clearly down to water retention. I got off the drug asap and my face went back to normal. I decided to fly to New York to try out a new technique to prevent hair loss called prp with acell. This is using you own blood plasma mixed with wound healing extracellular matrix injected into the scalp. So far the treatment has been successful, but 6/7 weeks after the treatment my face has started to swell again. it is more mild than the previous treatment but I cant just stop taking it... as it was an injection. What can I take to remove the excess water in my face? It is mild but it is bothering me.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
I would cut down and avoid salt intake in your diet.
salt causes you to retain water.
eating out at restaurants is a bad idea, they often hide salt in foods and meals out at restaurants can be loaded with sodium.
cook for yourself, cut down the salt in your diet
and eat natural diuretics like asparagus
and your body will pee out and urinate out excessive water
and this will help decrease extra fluid in your body and decrease swelling in your face
drinking plenty of plain water can help
and regular exercise
and getting enough sleep
also use a cold or ice eye pack to help decrease swelling and puffiness around your eyes.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.