Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Me and my boyfriend have been trying to get pregnant

Me and my boyfriend have been trying to get pregnant for 4 months now my normal cycle is 27- 29 days with a 4 day bleed and only get cramps the day before my period is due. I have lower back pain, put on a bit of weight even though i train 3-4 days a week, random headaches that comes and goes which i never have and sensitive nipples.
I was due to come on Friday 15th Jan 2016 but came on the 14th and had mild cramping for 5 day before i saw the bleeding when i normally get cramping the day before i'm due. we have been making out every other day and on the days I've meant to have ovulated but confused as I'm having a period : ( could i be pregnant or is there something wrong ? as my nipple still feel sensitive and i never get headaches or had cramps for so long before.
Please help
kind regards
Channelle
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.On a positive note, this can be implantation bleeding assuming you did get pregnant around your ovulation time. Mild bleeding can occur but will be lighter that normal period. Only way to confirm is by a pregnancy test at least a week from now. Blood pregnancy test will be more sensitive so early. If negative, then this is just the hormonal variation causing some fluctuation in period. You should get an ovulation detection kit next time for more accuracy. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/