Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I had a lower molar extracted 20 hours ago. How soon can

Hi, I had a lower molar extracted 20 hours ago. How soon can I resume sporting activities. Also my dentist gave me steps to prevent dry socket e.g. mouth wash, salt solution. If I follow thesee steps what are my chances of developing this condition?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Lower molar is technically more problematic and in that case, it is advisable to refrain from sports at least for 7 days. If you feel fine and there is no pain at 7th day, you can continue your sports. If there is pain after playing on 7th day, wait for another 3 days. As far as dry socket is concerned, if you take care of the above measures, the chances of having dry socket will be just around 10%. You can take OTC tablet Aleve twice daily and it will help you in pain and inflammation reduction. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When can I start to eat normal foods while chewing on other side of mouth?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your input. From the un operated side you can start eating now. From the operated side it's better to wait for 3 days before you eat. I would prefer to eat soft diet for initial 3 days for both sides. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I presume I can return to work as normal tomorrow?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Yes absolutely you can return to work tomorrow. All the best :) Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just one last comment before I go as I am worried about dry socket. There is a greater chance of me not getting it than there is??
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
If you are fine till now then you are going to get it provided you use the mouth wash regularly. Getting a dry socket is not something very common so please don't stress yourself. Regards