Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have had to have my supra pubic catheter removed as I swelled

Customer Question

I have had to have my supra pubic catheter removed as I swelled up inside and had a acute reaction to it this happened twice I cannot go through with the operation again and it reject again what is the answer are there any alternatives
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.What is the reason why the suprapubic catheter was placed previously?
I had asked for the underlying condition for which the suprapubic catheter was placed and have not heard back. Whether there are any alternatives would depend upon the underlying condition. For example, if the underlying condition is bladder muscle weakness so that you are not able to empty the bladder, then an alternative would be to perform intermittent straight catheterization. However, this alternative would not be an option if the underlying condition is a condition causing obstruction of bladder outflow. If there is a condition that is obstructing bladder outflow, then the only alternatives would be interventions to relieve the obstruction, which may be more difficult for you that going through a suprapubic catheter placement again. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would rather write my questions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any advice on this condition would be helpful I think it is something syndromw
I would be glad to comment further on the condition, but since there are many syndromes, I would need more details that it is “something” syndrome.