Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have gallstones, I had a bad attack Thursday night, the

Customer Question

Hi, I have gallstones, I had a bad attack Thursday night, the rest of Friday and Saturday I was tender, if that make sense and watched my diet, I went to my GP on Friday and she said to go to A&E if I have another attack and I can't get to her, I have been up since 3am and the pain has slowly got worse. On the pain scale 1-10 I'd say I'm about a 7 at the moment, do you think I should go to A&E or wait it out. I know they are very busy and I hate to waste their time.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
your GP has told you to go to the A&E if you have another gall bladder attack so you should go.
these are very painful
in the USA, you would have seen a surgeon to talk about surgery to remove your gall bladder so you don't have these attacks.
your GP should refer you to see a surgeon to talk about removing your gall bladder filled with gall stones
there are medications like ursodiol which over time can help dissolve and prevent new gall stones from forming.
you should go to the A&E to have your gall bladder evaluated.
sometimes gall bladder attacks can lead to infection spread from the gall bladder to the liver which can cause worse pain and fever and elevated white blood cell counts and raised bilirubin levels.
you should go to the A&E
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Dr D, I will head to A&E.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you are welcome
don't forget to leave positive feedback
talk to your doctors about the issues I mentioned.
best of luck to you
thanks for using JustAnswer.com