Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

Dr Ravoof . I hope it's ok to contact you again as I

Customer Question

Hi Dr Ravoof .
I hope it's ok to contact you again as I know you told me before that you weren't going to discuss the previous matter with me again . Im not going to ask you the same thing at all but it's just I've seen my peadiatrician this week with my daughter and there was just something I wanted to run past you .
I don't know if that's ok?
Claire .
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for contacting Justanswer. What is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I was discussing things over with my GP and she agreed as we had already discussed that there is no known cancer risk linked with swallowing a foreign body and that the type of chronic inflammation and fibrosis that foreign bodies may cause if retained in this way has not been shown as a risk for cancer . But I know you had said that certain chronic inflammation does cause cancer and that this is a developing feild . I was just concerned that is it possible with future research that they may say this inflammation caused by a swallowed foreign body can cause cancer or is it the same thoughts as with my concern before that knowledge is unlikely to change due to the facts that are established . Hope it's ok to ask since having this further review with my GP . Many thanks
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Can I help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's ok thank you doctor I was hoping to wait for Dr Ravoof on this one .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr Ravoof did my reply send to you .