Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Good Morning Doctor, I have 3 fibroids 65mmx63mm x54mm -

Good Morning Doctor,
I have 3 fibroids 65mmx63mm x54mm - pedunculated anterior
32mmx27mmx20mm-intramunal/subserous posterior
29mmx17mmx16mm intramural suberous posterior.
We are trying for a baby, and I think this fibroids is standing on the way.
Gyenacologist and Sonographer said it should not stand on the way of baby making. Please advice.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,It is very rare for the fibroids to hamper your efforts to get pregnant and it also depends on the type and size. Mostly submucosal fibroid can affect baby making as they can interfere with implantation. As you have subserousal types and small size fibroids there is very less chance that they can interfere. I would suggest you should try for 1 year first and if not successful you should see fertility specialist to rule out any other cause.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your response. We have been trying in April will be 2 years. Would you say not to have them removed via surgery? As they are quite large and have grown pretty quickly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does uterus is anterverted and bulky means?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fibroids described are they any of them in the womb?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for query,If you are trying for about 2 years i would suggest you should visit fertility specialist and surgery might improve your chances of getting pregnant. Anteverted uterus means that your uterus is facing anteriorly which is a normal variant, bulky uterus is because of fibroids. your fibroids are on the outer surface of the uterus.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating.Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I wanted to avoid surgery, do you think fibroids can shrink and dissapear on their own?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Uterine fibroids can shrink but they do so after menopause.Please do leave a positive rating.Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. If I was to go for the surgery route, this is likely to increase chances of implementation and what is the best surgery to do. Please also confirm what the fertility specialist would do? Thank you
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Best surgery is myomectomy that is excision of fibroids, fertility specialist would rule out any other cause of infertility and can treat the cause if present.Please do leave a the positive rating.Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are risks with the myomectomy oppose to laparoscopy? Thank you
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Myomectomy is performed laproscopically. it is called laproscopic myomectomy.Waiting for positive rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And this will revert the womb to its normal size and would get rid of the bulkyness?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** I should be aware of with this procedure?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes it can decease bulkiness.Please rate the question at this point.
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The penducalted fibroids according to the gyenacologist is showing sign of degeneration, is this a concern?