Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have a pain in the right side of my stomach. I have been

Customer Question

I have a pain in the right side of my stomach. I have been getting shooting pain on and off for three weeks now. It seemed to last for 20 minutes, the pain was that sharp that I did have a cry. I had to go home from work. The pain has now gone but I did book a doctors appt. Is it still worth getting it checked out?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it is still worth getting checked outAt your age, a variety of things are possible including gall bladder or appendix.They can come and go over time too.I would go in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The thing is I have been told by my father that it could be trapped wind, I am worried about going to the doctors incase it is nothing, also the pain has gone now. My doctors appt is at 4.50.
Don't worry about going. There should be no shame in it