Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Got bad anxiety just over 2 months ago and was diagnosed with

Got bad anxiety just over 2 months ago and was diagnosed with anxiety but ever since I have had bad bowel and digestion problems there a little better now but they are still there like mucus in stool different shapes all the time the coulor has gone a light brownish coulor very very mild belly pain hardly feel it belly noises bad gass and acid reflux I have no family history of colon cancers and I'm only 16 years old what can this be im pretty scared
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,It is most likely that it is just your anxiety. At this age you have very less chances of colon cancer and these are not the symptoms of cancer. For your reassurance i would suggest you should visit your GP to have thorough physical examination and stool RE to rule out any disease. These symptoms are mostly anxiety related. Try to overcome your fears , eat healthy diet, drink plenty of fluids and exercise you would feel much better.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks yes I belive this maybe ibs related but I don't know going to see my gp in the morning I just worry so much about my health and always think I have cancer because my grandad died of lung cancer recently he was smoking for 60 plus years tho
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have constipation and diareah a lot tho forgot to mention
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for reply,
Anxiety would have bad effect on your health, try to overcome this. You should get your stool routine examination and full examination by your GP so that if there is any disease it can be diagnosed and treated accordingly. You are not at risk of any cancer right now. Do not get worried.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.
Wish you good health.