Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Got bad anxiety just over 2 months ago and was diagnosed

Got bad anxiety just over 2 months ago and was diagnosed with anxiety but ever since I have had bad bowel and digestion problems there a little better now but they are still there like mucus in stool different shapes all the time the coulor has gone a light brownish coulor very very mild belly pain hardly feel it belly noises bad gass and acid reflux and constipation and diareah I have no family history of colon cancers and I'm only 16 years old what can this be im pretty scared
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,
It is most likely that it is just your anxiety. At this age you have very less chances of colon cancer and these are not the symptoms of cancer. For your reassurance i would suggest you should visit your GP to have thorough physical examination and stool RE to rule out any disease. These symptoms are mostly anxiety related. Try to overcome your fears , eat healthy diet, drink plenty of fluids and exercise you would feel much better.
Let me know if you have further questions.
Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.
Wish you good health