Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

There. Last night i went to hospital because of a severe

Hi there. Last night i went to hospital because of a severe burning pain in my stomach which also spread through to my back. The doctor diagnosed me with gastritis, gave me pain medication and sent me home to rest. When i lie down the pain lessens and it is better today, but still not great. I was wondering if staying in bed is the right answer as that seems to be helping. Please let me know, thank you.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
it sounds like you have severe gastritis or inflammation of your stomach organ, often cause from too much stomach acid.
pain medications often will upset the stomach more and often can cause constipation.
what you might need are stomach acid blocking agents like maalox, mylanta, zantac, prilosec, nexium medications. many of these are over the counter.
it doesn't sound like you have tried any of these.
avoiding alcohol, spicy foods, fatty foods, oily foods, fried foods, tomato sauces, sodas will help
you have to eat a more bland diet.
let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you that's very helpful. I was wondering if staying in bed is the right thing to do as when i am lying down the pain goes. Please let me know, thank you.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, you can rest more now to help decrease the pain
but you might need to go to the drug store to buy stomach acid reducing medications like I mentioned to use which would work better to decrease stomach acid and help reduce pain
if you have some at home already, I would recommend that you use them
and you should follow up with your GP doctor as well regarding your gastritis stomach pains.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com