Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have a swollen tonsil months now and have went to

Customer Question

I have a swollen tonsil for two months now and have went to an Ent consultant who is bringing me back in 8 weeks
I have got the hpv virus 4.5 years ago, could I have got cancer of the tonsil in that space of time in the tonsil from the virus.
I don't smoke or drink and am in good health, I have been under stress lately
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.That is not common usually. Swolien tonsil is caused by the viral or bacterial infection commonly. In 1-2% cases, there is risk of cancer. But you do not have any swollen neck glands, loss of weight or appetite. Also painful swelling is not usually cancerous. Do not worry. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/