Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I just had a abdominal CT scan this morning with high dose

Customer Question

I just had a abdominal CT scan this morning with high dose of radiation. I had unprotected sex at 10pm last night. I am expecting my period on the 22nd. I have a 36 day cycle. Is there any way I could get pregnant as I am afraid of the the effects on a baby
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Since the fetal dose from a CT scan through the abdomen and pelvis is < 50 mGy, teratogenic or harmful effects are not a concern to the fetus when exposed to a single exam. They become a concern when multiple exams or multiphase exams are performed.So I would not worry too much.Even if you do turn out to be pregnancy you should be okay.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end when you are done asking as that is the only way I am credited on here.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.
Kindest regards