Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

I had a stroke in December 2014 which left me with severe left

Customer Question

I had a stroke in December 2014 which left me with severe left sided weakness. this morning when I woke my left shoulder and neck hurt as if I had slept awkwardly, my carer who comes to help me shower said I also had a rash (not pimples) more blotchy we decided to keep an eye on it and see what happened but I'm now still in quite a lot of discomfort and the rash seems to be spreading
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
Does the rash itself hurt or burn? Are there any little bubbles in the skin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no they don't hurt and I don't think there are any bubbles
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also had a bad chill on Tuesday and felt very cold and shivery for most of the day
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
This eruption could be herpes zoster (shingles), a painful rash that often comes on when we are sick, fatigued or in some way immunocompromised. Chills may indicate fever, which could be from a more systemic infection (one in your bloodstream). I would suggest you have a doctor take a look at your rash to sort this out. He or she can order the required tests and also get you on the proper treatment right away. With shingles, for example, it is important to begin treatment with anti-inflammatories and anti-virals within the first 48 hours.