Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I feel as though i have not fully swallowed and food is awaiting

I feel as though i have not fully swallowed and food is awaiting in my throat to go down. It has been four hours now and I feel uncomfortable and cannot lie down. Earlier I had just three slices of dried banana, two (halves) of walnut and a small dairy milk chocolate bar.I have been drinking lots of water and have taken a piriton just 15 minutes ago. Please advise, very uncomfortable.
Thank You
Sarkis
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I regularly have walnuts and chocolate with no side effects. The only thing i had which I do not normally was the dried banana slices ( just three in total).
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.You have developed esophagitis.Inflammation esophagus lining is likely cause.walnuts can cause this.THis is not serious --should get better in few days.You can try a liquid antacid like aluminium and magnesium hydroxide 30 ml 3 times daily till the symptoms subside.Avoid any hard nuts and dry food for now.Soft food is better.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your fast response.
Only have piriton at home or gaviscon. I'm unable to lay down for sleep. Should I take a second pill? As I said I regularly have walnuts with no side effect. Do you think the dried bananas could cause this?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Gaviscon is better than piriton.Gaviscon liquid 30 ml 3 times daily should helpBest wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
very welcome