Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am Carer wife June years with Temporal Artiritis

I am Carer for my wife June for 6 years with Temporal Artiritis & Polymyalgia Rheumatica. All well monitored and treatment on going. Her greatest distress, especially in the mornings, is acute stomach and bowel pain and discomfort which is relieved by tapping her back as we do with babies. What can we try to prevent the build up of wind/Flatulance please?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,These symptoms can be related to the mentioned diseases and can be because of drugs. You can make small lifestyle changes for this discomfort. Take water 30 minutes before meals and do not take it after meals, decrease alcohol and caffeine, avoid foods causing bloating like apple and pear, take dinner at least 2 hours before going to bed and always walk for about 10 to 20 minutes after taking dinner.You can take omeprazole 20 mg daily.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, June is taking Omeprazole. Walking is limited to the length of the house, is there any other helpful movement you could suggest please?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Its ok she can walk a little bit around and taking peppermint and ginger tea can help a lot.
God bless you.