Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I am a 52 yr old female and I have been suffering lower

I am a 52 yr old female and I have been suffering lower back pain for the last two and a half weeks it has eased a little since then but still painful.. I didn't do anything to pull a muscle.. My periods have become a little irregular but this month I didn't get one at all and haven't yet. I went to a doctor and she gave me antinflamitorys which made me quite sick as they have done in the past.. I don't know what to do, I'm worried.
Liz
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this question LizI'm Dr. Phil and I'm ready to helpI'm very sorry about this issueIt could be a disc problem. These can happen to anyone and sometimes without much injuryAlso, you seem to be going through menopause. You are at that age. I would go in and get hormone testing to prove menopause. Also you probably need a CAT scan of the belly/pelvis to rule out intra abdominal issues