Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I live with my elderly and very frail mother and the last two

I live with my elderly and very frail mother and the last two years have been awful with her health getting worse and relying on me for many things. I also work full time in a stressful job which changes a lot. After a bad new year which saw my mother falling and having to be checked out in hospital (she was okay) every day seems to be a lottery of getting her settled at home before I rush off to work.
Two weeks ago I had a sudden pain spasm in my stomach and since then have had discomfort right in the middle of my abdomen most of the time with the occasional tiny spasm. It's not painful but uncomfortable. Eating and drinking doesn't seem to affect It at all but it is dragging me down as I don't know if it's stress getting to me again or not as I've never had anything quite like this before. I'm prepared to go to my GP if it keeps on but I know I wouldn't get an appointment for some days at least. I was wondering if someone could say whether it sounds like 'normal' stress or not?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this questionI'm Dr. Phil and I'm ready to helpNo this doesn't sound normal to meIt is either gastritis, an ulcer or gall bladder.I would start omeprazole 20 mg daily OTC and see your doctor as soon as you can
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I can get an appointment with my GP for Monday or Tuesday, would that be all right?
And where could I get oneprozole?
you can get omeprazole at any pharmacythat should be fine. Just go in sooner if it worsens
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
welcome :)please don't forget a positive rating for me. I appreciate it