DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have hemochromatosis and have been managed

Customer Question

hi i have hemochromatosis and have been managed for sometime however the last few months i have been more tired and have had digestion issues all be it no appetite i have also noticed that i have skin tags under neath my left arm pit and some what painful also my arm pit is generally swollen more than i think it should be . what would you suggest i do and what could it be ?.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloI suggest you show this to your doctor.Also you need your iron and ferritin levels checked, as well as hemoglobin if not done recently.For example, your hemoglobin might be too low for you.Or, you might not have had enough management of the iron recently.The swelling needs exam to make sure there is no mass. This can also be infection, or sweat gland infection, or some other problem. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.