Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  MBBS,MD (USA)Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
23050427

I have a blockage in right ear and this is the only functioning

I have a blockage in right ear and this is the only functioning ear I have the left ear has benn deaf since childhood.I am now 92 years of age and house bound.Your advice please.
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.
hi there,i am online and will be happy to answer your questions.thank you for your patiencesorry to hear your problem. do not put olive oil in there. you need to be seen by an ENT doctor or your primary doctor or visiting nurse for suction cleaning of ear( most likely, it would be wax blocking the ear canal ) any manipulation on your part will worsen it. do not use ear buds or do not put anything into ear.you can use glycerin drops to soften the wax ( though it would also worsen the blocakge in begining)so you should get to doctor/nurse earliest to remove wax. for now,try chewing gum, yawning, pulling ear pinna outward and upward, valsalva maneuveur .. all of these help open ear canal.valsalva is when you blow by closing your mouth and nose. I hope this helps. please let me know if you have any questions.kindly click on positive ratings if done for now.thank you. Regards
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.
I am here to help you and I wish you best health,if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box.we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask anytime.Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drhashmimd/?rpt=3800Thanks for using justanswer.com