How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 56575
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

I am 76 and have all my own front teeth and some side ones,

Customer Question

I am 76 and have all my own front teeth and some side ones, but not many. Because some of my teeth are crumbling my dentist referred me to Manchester Uni Dental Hospital. They recommended that my teeth be covered with composite by my NHS dentist. Since my NHS dentist started to apply the composite, it doesn't always stick to my teeth that have been covered and one of my upper middle teeth has broken upwards so that it's now half V shaped and I don't like how it looks. Applying the composite has made it worse as it wasn't broken or crumbling before. Because the composite doesn 't seem to be working - it's broken twice since the dentist covered it last year - I asked the dentist to refer me to someone at the hospital for advice. That visit to the "expert" was worse than you could imagine as he seemed to be in his dotage - but he advised my dentist to continue with the composite, as before. I feel like going to see a private dentist - but can you please advise me as to what I should do.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you,
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this question Do you still need help?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.