Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I am 76 and have all my own front teeth and some side ones,

Customer Question

I am 76 and have all my own front teeth and some side ones, but not many. Because some of my teeth are crumbling my dentist referred me to Manchester Uni Dental Hospital. They recommended that my teeth be covered with composite by my NHS dentist. Since my NHS dentist started to apply the composite, it doesn't always stick to my teeth that have been covered and one of my upper middle teeth has broken upwards so that it's now half V shaped and I don't like how it looks. Applying the composite has made it worse as it wasn't broken or crumbling before. Because the composite doesn 't seem to be working - it's broken twice since the dentist covered it last year - I asked the dentist to refer me to someone at the hospital for advice. That visit to the "expert" was worse than you could imagine as he seemed to be in his dotage - but he advised my dentist to continue with the composite, as before. I feel like going to see a private dentist - but can you please advise me as to what I should do.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this question Do you still need help?
.