How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8789
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now

I have tried four different statins from my Doctor and everyone

Resolved Question:

I have tried four different statins from my Doctor and everyone of them gives me very painful joint and muscle pain. Any suggestions as to how to lower my cholesterol?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.What is your age and gender?What is the level of your bad cholesterol (LDL) and total cholesterol?Do you have any other medical problems?Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?Can you please name all the statins that you have tried till now?What kind of doctor have you seen?Please let me know.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 72 female
I am on athenanol 50 mg and Losartan 50mg for blood pressure
Unable to name statins I am not home last one Crestor 5mg
Private GP
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Do you remember your total cholesterol level and your LDL level?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5.5 bad one and good one acceptable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have the results with me
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
It is only slightly on the higher side.
I do not think that you do require any statin for this or any medication for this.
I would recommend eating healthy and doing regular exercise and you should be okay.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.
Kindest regards
Dr. SH and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you