Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Diarrhoea not liquid but very loose happens without warning

Diarrhoea not liquid but very loose happens without warning have stopped taking omeprazole as it might be the cause I am on 3 other tablets as I had aTIA recently they are grepid amvostatin and amlipodine
can I eat or drink anything other than water?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Since how long are you having this diarrhea?How many episodes of diarrhea do you have everyday?Please let me know.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 days and several episodes each day
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am drinking water
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response.I think that with the symptoms hat you are mentioning it seems most likely to be a transient viral infection or may be related to a new medication that you may have been put on recently.However, as a general rule, at your age if someone has diarrhea he must be seen, particularly if you recently have not had a colonoscopy done to be sure that we rule out anything potentially serious.So, even though it sounds like nothing serious but if you diarrhea does not go away in the next few days I would recommend that you be seen.Meanwhile I would recommend that you should keep yourself well-hydrated by using electrolyte-fluids like gatorade or pedialyte.You can also take over-the-counter imodium two now and one after each loose stool to help.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here.Kindest regards