Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I recently had a cold which went into my head, my doctor diagnosed

I recently had a cold which went into my head, my doctor diagnosed sinusitis on Wednesday and prescribed doxycycline. I'm now feeling bloated and uncomfortable after taking these pills so is there anything you could recommend to ease this? I did go back to my doctor on Friday who listened to my lungs and heart and didn't find any issues but I've had trouble sleeping the past 2 nights.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.You can try taking over-the-counter zantac 150 mg twice daily along with motilium 10 mg three times daily for a few days to help with your stomach problem and bloating.This should help. Both medications are available without a prescriptionLet me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end when you are done asking.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. The bloating seems to have put extra pressure around the heart but without any actual problems with the heart. Is that normal? My heart rate seems to be ok.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is normal to happen with bloating.Motilium and zantac will help with that.It is not heart relatedPlease rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end when you are done asking.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your help.