DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

There, I was wondering if one submandibular salivary

hi there,
I was wondering if one submandibular salivary gland be larger than the other? I can feel both of them i think, but my left one seems slightly larger (maybe pee sized). Is this normal? I might just be making a big deal out of this.
thanks
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Pee sized difference is not concerning.A tumor will grow uniformly and larger than pee size which is not the case here.Not concerning.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloTo answer your questions, it is perfectly normal to have one gland bigger than the other.However, a lump in the gland needs examination if you feel a descrete lump. In any case, we can not feel it, so your doctor needs to. Probably normal, but needs exam. That is the proper recommendation.I am a double board certified US doctor.Dr. Thomas.Find me any time by request in medical.Please click a positive on my answer page here if you would like me to get paid.dt
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How does the submandibular salivary gland usually feel? It is tender but that might just be me pocking at itthanks
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
It gets tender if you play with it.If it is tender on its own, then it is often a viral infection, cold, etc.Same answer, get it examined, otherwise I don't see a concern.See my additional services offer to go into this further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi there,i went to the Dr today and he said all is normal! I guess i had never felt around that area before so didnt realise you can actually feel you submandibular gland.thanks for the help.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome anytime.