Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I recently had an external hemorrhoid burst, and the bleeding

I recently had an external hemorrhoid burst, and the bleeding is taking some time to stop. I have used saline water but it seems to not stop. I am cleaning it every couple of hours. Do i give it more time? I have no pain in the region but today i have noticed a taste of salt constantly on my lips, and needing to pee more. Is this connected?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this question.I'm Dr. Phil and I'm ready to help.I'm sorry this happened.As long as the bleeding is stopped you don't have to rush into emergency.You do need to see a doctor as soon as you can.If the bleeding continues, I would go in to emergency.you need to have the hemorrhoid treated so it will stop bleedingI don't think those symptoms are related