Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

1 and a half cm enlarged lymph node left armpit, 2cm enlarged

Customer Question

1 and a half cm enlarged lymph node left armpit, 2cm enlarged right armpit, enlarged spleen. White blood cell count 33,000 from blood test 2 and a half months ago. All down to lympocytes, the other 4 white blood cell types fine. General fatigue, lack of appetite, 4 or 5 night sweats in last 2 months, constant daily all over body itching for last 2-3 months. Diagnosis?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
you need to see a hematologist and get a bone marrow biopsy to check your bone marrow
severe viral infections can cause enlarged lymph nodes and sometimes can cause your WBC counts to be 33k which is high.
or it could be a type of slow growing leukemia like CLL which can cause enlarged lymph nodes and can cause WBC counts at 33k
CLL is chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
it sounds like your GP doctor has sent you to a hematologist specialist.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com