Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

My wife normally has her period on 16th of every month. This

My wife normally has her period on 16th of every month. This month she not period. Today only small amount of blood occur but after that nothing. Her period for this month is late. What does this mean? Her stomach is hurting, legs are hurting, she find it difficult to pick up things and sometimes she feel like she wants to vomit but nothing comes out. Please help
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.She may be pregnant.Please get a urine pregnancy test first.If negative, then a blood HCG level should be checked just to be sure.Other possibilities include thyroid gland disorder, diabetes, and estrogen deficiency.These factors can be addressed after further evaluation.Blood TSH, free T4, blood glucose levels should be checked as well.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your answer. My wife is having her period today? Does this mean she not pregnant?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is likely correct.This is common with hormonal fluctuations even without pregnancy.Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a quick question why my wife stomach is fat, feeling like vomit but no vomit occurs. What does this mean? She is having her period but can still she still be pregnant?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
That is unliekly.Hormones can cause bloating and inflated intestine resulting in these symptoms.However, you can get a blood HCG level to rule out pregnancy convincingly.But this is very unlikely.Best wishes,Please do rate our chat to appreciate my time and effort :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry just a quick question. Me and my first been married for nearly 6 months now. We go have sexual intercourse once a day. The thing is that my wife is having pain in the vargina and all around and the pain keeps on coming and going, the pain is in the leg also. Mostly hurt in the evening. Please help
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
This is a separate topic from your original question.You should rate the original question first to continue further.Thanks in advance,