Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

7-8 weeks now I have had a sharp stabbning

Customer Question

Hello, for approx. 7-8 weeks now I have had a sharp stabbning pain in my lower back right side and right hip, because of the type of work I do I put it down to that but having had 2 weeks off at Christmas it is still no better, I also feel the need to use the toilet when I have the pains in the back, also since Thursday of last week the glands in my neck on the right side are inflamed and my throat very sore meaning I am having troubled when I try to swallow, thanks Eddie
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,There can be several reasons for your back pain the most important is pinched nerve and second is urinary tract infection. Moreover it seems like you had infection in your pharynx as well that is causing enlarged glands and pain while swallowing. I would suggest you must visit your GP to have thorough examination and get some baseline tests so that exact diagnosis can be made and you might need antibiotics for this. For your back issue if your kidney related infection is ruled out then you have to see a pain physician, he can offer you steroid shot which can help relieve pain and inflammation. So you need to see your GP first. Meanwhile take tylenol 2 tablets and can repeat after 8 hours and apply ibuprofen gel in your back. Warm compresses can help a lot. Warm saline gargles for your throat.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you have further questions.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars at your end.
Best.