Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I've had blood tests loss and menarghia(heavy bleeding),

I've had blood tests for hair loss and menarghia(heavy bleeding), although I have been taking supplements even prior to results for iron and b12plus vitamin d high dosage (5000)iu. Prescribed for ms. Should I be concerned that my results showed as being half normal levels.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,Yes you should be concerned as even if you are taking these supplements but your bleeding and loss of these supplements is more than you are consuming so visit your doctor so that your dose can be increased.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I was told that upping levels was not going to help. They are referring me but had even more blood loss since tests were done, and wondered if they take too long to refer what to watch for. Currently weak and kidneys have mild pain.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes these would go to normal levels once your bleeding is stopped as you are losing lot of blood. You can ask your GP to expedite the process if you are having heavy bleeding. Keep yourself well hydrated by taking lots of fluids.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating.Best wishes.