Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have had fluid in my ear now & am constantly having

I have had fluid in my ear for ages now & am constantly having to clear it.i have been using a steroid nasal spray & it clears it for couple of mins but then its back again.is there anything else i could try or what should i do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also would this condition make you dizzy?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.That suggests you likely have eustachian tube blockage which connects middle ear to the throat.The fluid accumulates due to the inflammation but cannot drain due to tube blockage.Flonase helps to some extent but does not fix the main problem of blockage.Hence a ENT specialist should be considered for better evaluation.Ear drum tube can be inserted for better drainage.Yes chronic ear inflammation cause dizziness as well.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is flonase a nasal spray? Should it be available in the Uk?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Flonase is fluticasone --also available in UK.Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also if a doctor can see ur notes that you are being treated for this with nasal spray could he refer you without seeing you again?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is a very good chance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great thanks for yr help today.fab service!def use again
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Very welcome