Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I suffer from a duplex kidney so I am prone to UTIs. Lately

Customer Question

I suffer from a duplex kidney so I am prone to UTIs. Lately I have been suffereing agonising pain now and then on my left side. My dyplex kidney is on my right side. My duplx kidney is swollen and is bigger than my other kidney. Could this mean the only I'm experiencing is from my normal kidney being squashed by everything else because my duplicate kidney is got bigger? I'm 16 going on 17 in April
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Duplex kidney increases risk of recurrent infections.Recurrent infections can cause scarring in the left kidney the healthy one as well.Hence you are experiencing pain on the left side as well.You should see a kidney specialist for further evaluation.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/