DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

What can i give a 4 yr boy with a dry cough

Customer Question

What can i give a 4 yr boy with a dry cough for about the last week
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Most common cause is seasonal allergies.Hence guaifenesin and a n antihistamine loratadine 5 mg daily should help.However, he should be sen by his doctor also to check for any lung infection.The cough usually improves in 2 weeks or so usually.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Most unsatisfactory almost 1 hour waiting for reply please refund and close account
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
I replied instantly and waiting for your follow up question.Do you have any further question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You never answer my reply just close account please
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
This is a different expert.
We are site users as you are.
We have no control over site delays.
In fact, I have a much different answer for you.
A dry cough for a week should be evaluated if you have not seen any improvement.
Most over the counter medicines have not been shown effective in children, and in fact many cause harm.
A dry cough can be from
infection
asthma
allergy
acid reflux
other lung problem.
Take him to his doctor.
Don't self treat after a week.
Good luck.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just refund and close account please this is my third request for you to do so thanking you
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
WE don't handle that either
customer service will do that for you
Find me, Dr. Thomas, by request in medical.
I answer promptly every day
See my add services offer