Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Phil Mark here Got a sore throat. Looks normal I feel

Customer Question

Hi Phil
Mark here
Got a sore throat.
Looks normal I feel fine. Everyone has the flu
So I'm guessing I'm doing ok with just a simple sore throat
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.The expert that you requested has not yet responded, so the question was opened to other experts to obtain a timely answer.The majority of sore throats are from a viral infection, but the concern with a sore throat is whether Strep could be present. The appearance on the image does not look worrisome for Strep. In addition, if you are otherwise feeling fine, then that would indicate that you do not have other signs that would be worrisome for a Strep infection, such as a high fever or swollen lymph nodes.If you do not have any of the signs that are worrisome for a Strep throat, then it is OK to assume that it is a viral infection, particularly since there are many people in your community with a viral infection. The usual approach to a viral infection would be symptomatic relief, such as with paracetamol, throat lozenges, or throat sprays, until the viral infection improves spontaneously.If I have answered all your questions, please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).However, if I can provide any further information or clarification, please let me know.Please bookmark my profile for asking future questions.This is a link to my profile:www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-DrDLove/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi dr love thanks.
It's almost gone now to be honest
It's mark here I suffer anxiety as you know.It itched a bit at first but to be honest I seem to have kicked it off fast only one day.But from the pic it all looks normal to me ? Just a bit red ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You agree ?
Yes, I agree. If you had not told me that your throat was sore, I would not have been able to say it from the picture, but that is also fairly common with a viral throat infection.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks dr love.
Nice to talk to you again.
Been a while. !So I guess the fact it's going now and just a bit itchy means I'm fighting it quickly. ?
It is nice to talk to you again, as well. Yes, since the symptoms are improving, it indicates that you are fighting it quickly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The last time we spoke you reassured me on my wbc which is still sitting nicely at 3.78 /4.5.And the diff is good as always.Il post the count out of interest
Thanks again for your explanations helps the anxiety
Since the WBC remains at about the same level, it clearly is not a concern. Oeople with slightly low WBC still fight infections well. However, a viral infection also can cause a transient decrease in WBC, so if the WBC were slightly lower than your previous values, it also would likely be due to the viral infection, so would not be a concern.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you see the results I sent all normal my doc says. ?And the liver is back to normal as you said it would got the results. Ultrasound last Tuesday and ct scan last year reported no fat or liver disease the blood levels are attached.
So to finish wbc is fine ?I'm good it's two years since we last spoke on this and I'm fit.
And liver imaging / bloods are normal ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just the ultrasound. As well
All of this is normal.