DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My chest always hurts I have always got a headache feel run

My chest always hurts I have always got a headache feel run down don't want to do anything just feel like I want to give up been like this for months now may be even a year need help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please help
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloI am not sure what question you are asking but I will assume you want to know what to do.You need an immediate exam by an internal medicine doctor, and testing.There are many possibilities here.Heart disease: yes it can happen at age 38 , especially if you are over weight, smoke, have diabetes, or a family history. You need an EKG yesterday.Blood vessel problem: problem with the aorta for example.Structural heart problem: such as valve disease.These all need to be ruled out.So does muscular disease, myositis for example.Costochonritis and other pain syndromes, including myalgic myoencephalitis need to be ruled out. But it all starts with exam, all routine labs, urinalysis, thyroid studies [this can also be the problem] and any other exams or imaging indicated by examination.Don't wait on this. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure what question you are asking but I will assume you want to know what to do.
You need an immediate exam by an internal medicine doctor, and testing.
There are many possibilities here.
Heart disease: yes it can happen at age 38 , especially if you are over weight, smoke, have diabetes, or a family history. You need an EKG yesterday.
Blood vessel problem: problem with the aorta for example.
Structural heart problem: such as valve disease.
These all need to be ruled out.
So does muscular disease, myositis for example.
Costochonritis and other pain syndromes, including myalgic myoencephalitis need to be ruled out.
But it all starts with exam, all routine labs, urinalysis, thyroid studies [this can also be the problem] and any other exams or imaging indicated by examination.
Don't wait on this.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had a heart operation
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Then you need follow up.
If it was for blocked arteries, there can be re aclusion.
If for a valve, the valve can be leaking.
Depression is common after a heart operation as well.
You still are not letting me know what your question is, but I am doing my best to guess.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry find this hard my op was because my aorta was to big suppose my question is I feel tried all the time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I get a follow up appointment
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
This can be for any of the reasons I have already stated.
You need to have an imaging of your aorta if not done recently.
You need to have
all routine labs
thyroid studies [hypothyroid can do this]
ANA panel and sed rate
urinalysis
cpk
This will rule out muscle disease, aorta problems, also EKG should still be done to look at the heart, echo cardiogram if not done recently, the ana panel will help rule out autoimmune disease.
You need to be assessed for depression as well.
You simply have to ask your surgeon for a follow up, and see your regular doctor as well.
This sounds like you might have severe depression.
As far as integrative medicine, you should be on a nutrient dense diet.
The diet, in order of preference in quantity, should look like this
leafy greens
green veggies
other veggies
whole fruit, beans and peas
Whole grains no yeasted breads, dry cereals or anything refined
Seeds and nuts, but cut out seeds if you have any diverticulosis.
A little tofu or tempeh daily
A little high quality soy or coconut milk yogurt
The soluble fiber in this strategy will stabilized colon function in about 6 to 8 weeks, then about 2 or three helpings of animal foods a week, preferably fish, can be added back.
See the book Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, for instructions on this type of diet.
Talk to your doctor about magnesium levels. If your blood magnesium is under 2.5, you should be taking magnesium daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I drive for a living it's making my job hard should I go and see someone today
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I have had diarrhoea For months too can't stop it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if I think I'm not getting right answer from the doctor
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
First you have to see your doctor and tell him/her everything.Then you have to have testing.If you don't think you are getting the right answer, then you question your doctor.good luck.