Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I had unprotected sex three weeks ago tomorrow on 8th jan.

Customer Question

Hi i had unprotected sex three weeks ago tomorrow on 8th jan. My peroid is due anytime now till sec week of feb. I was taking citalopram 20mg everyday for about four months and stopped about a week before i had unprotected sex. For the last two weeks i have been feeling dizzy hot headaches. Body feels weak stomach aches lower back pain and my calves have been feeling numb and heavy please help me. What could this be
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.Have you taken your temperature when you feel hot?What is the reason for which you were taking the citalopram?Was it stopped because you were feeling better or because you did not feel like it was helping?
I had asked for some additional information and have not heard back. If you are having a fever when you feel hot, then it is much more likely that this is due to an infection, and the most common cause of such an infection would be a generic viral infection. If there is no fever, it still could be a viral infection, but there are other possibilities to consider. with the timing of onset of symptoms, it is suspicious that it could be due to stopping the citaopram. It will typically take 2-3 weeks after stopping citalopram that symptoms that were being treated with the citalopram could recur. This is why I ask about the original reason for taking the citalopram. There also are a variety of other conditions that could cause such symptoms, including liver or kidney dysfunction, anemia, and various metabolic conditions, such as thyroid disease or certain nutrient deficiencies. If the symptoms improve spontaneously, that would support that it was a generic viral infection, but if the symptoms persist, it would be appropriate to be seen by your doctor for a proper evaluation. If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.