Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Mother has been recently behaving abnormal, calling her sisters

Mother has been recently behaving abnormal, calling her sisters that were dead, asking them to come and take her, calling her late Husband, sometimes she says Francis, wait for , hold that door for when there is no one at home called Francis. Francis is my late dad. What do you think is her problem?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.
Does she have any other medical problems?
Is she on any medications for anything at the moment?
Please let me know.
Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has asthma and has been on inhaler and most times steroid. Before she use to talk to her self, scream for no reason but now is worst. Calling her late sisters and my dad
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.I think that there is a strong possibility of steroid induced psychosis which must be considered and ruled out.She must be seen and have a full blood work up to rule out all other causes.I would recommend doing a complete blood count and comprehensive metabolic profile which would include kidney function, liver function tests among others.So I would definitely recommend that she be seen and a possibility of psychosis must be considered in her case.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We would really like her to be asses , so that we can treat her privately as soon as possible.
Are you a psychiatric doctor or do you any ?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
The best way to get to a psychiatry doctor would be to call your GP office and get a referral to a private psychiatrist or alternatively call a private psychiatric office in your area to try and get an appointment.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you be able to put this in writing so that I can give it to my elder brothers ,so that we could take her for treatment. Please. If you will be able to put it in writing, we can switch to Skype or phone . I have got a referral letter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you recommend one private psychiatric doctor please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a referral letter, although the gp thought ,it could be anxiety disorder but we know it is more than anxiety disorder
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You can print this page and show it to the psychiatrist.All this information is going to be saved forever on here and you can refer to it anytime.Can you please mention your location so that I can try and find a psychiatrist for you near your area.This does not seem to be anxiety disorder.My referral letter will not work unfortunately, you would require a referral letter from a GP.Please rate me before we proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nn2 6bj. Northampton
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I am giving you a link which would give a list of psychiatrists' offices that you can contact for further information.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But can you not handle the case. Where are you based?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
https://www.yell.com/s/psychiatrists-northampton.htmlHere is the link.I wish I could handle the case and refer.This is an online forum and any referral online is not valid by any means.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thanks a lot
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome.I would appreciate it if you rate me before you leave as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If we go talk on phone, would you be able to contact pyschiatrist for me as if you call them. They will response to quickly and they will see her straight away. At the moment, she is sitting on my stair case saying, she is waiting for Felicia to open the door for Her.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My number is ***** can you call me this morning at 9:30 am. Taking my child to nursery now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The link you gave me are not private , they are nhs
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the late response as I was away.Most of the private consultants require a consultation from your GP.So the best thing to do is to contact your GP again and be referred to a private psychiatrist by the help of your GP.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Here is a link where you can find private psychiatrists in your area:https://www.clinical-partners.co.uk/psychiatric-services?gclid=CjwKEAiAuKy1BRCY5bTuvPeopXcSJAAq4OVsg7ODvftoESB_gqg_oSNWzzsD2JvoaG4THfS1unwcTxoCA0fw_wcB