Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

In the last month I have had joint pain which has now worn

Customer Question

In the last month I have had joint pain which has now worn off, headaches, left eye more blurry and aches, uti, now hot flashes and night sweats, fatigue for a long time, struggling to remember words, feeling flat, difficulty staying asleep, anxiety at night
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, Have you got yourself checked ? any tests performed ? do you still have your menstrual cycle ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I still have menstrual cycle which has remained pretty regular. I'm booked in for full blood count in a week's time. Last night I kept waking up with night sweats and today I have constant hot flushes which make my face and ears burn and I generally feel a bit squishy in my head
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Most recent urine sample was clear of infection
Thank you for your reply, these symptoms can be due to premenopausal syndrome, odd thing is blurring of vision, you should get it checked as certain autoimmune diseases like SLE can also give such symptoms and need tests like ANA and DSDNA levels check. Let me know if you have questions, thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. The blurring isn't bad but I've definitely noticed it recently. There were white blood cells in my urine sample from weds eve but then urine sample from thurs morning was clear. Will the full fasting blood tests next week test for the autoimmune SLE, ANA etc?
Thank you for your reply, ANA and other autoimmune tests remain positive for life if they are there, so no chance of a negative test if there is autoimmune disease. Let me know if you have questions, thank you. Do rate as positive if no further questions.