Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Does ProstImmune indeed work as claimed?

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. The evidence for effectiveness of ProstImmune is limited. There are some studies that show that the primary ingredient in ProstImmune, saw palmetto, can help with symptoms from benign enlargement of the prostate, but the findings in clinical studies is not consistent. There also are some studies comparing saw palmetto to prescription medicines used for benign enlargement of the prostate, and showed similar effectiveness of the saw palmetto with a lower incidence of side effects. There is less evidence for the remaining ingredients in the ProstImmune, but they are reasonable components to augment general health. So, while the evidence is not considered consistent, there is sufficient evidence to support a trial of products thatcontain saw palmetto, such as the ProstImmune. If I can provide any clarification or further information, please let me know.