Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

I have swelling of my left cheek in my face. It feels a

Customer Question

Hi. I have swelling of my left cheek in my face. It feels a little numb, like I've had an injection at the dentist and it's wearing off. No pain and I have full control of my speech and eating. It started just before going to bed and has worsened overnight. I haven't eaten or done anything different to my normal habits . I have no known allergies. Should I go and see my GP, or wait it out? Thanks Anita.
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I am Dr.Customer experienced doctor of internall medicine, and pleased to help you. Please see your GP, because the swelling could have many different reasons: A facial paralysis, a dental origin, a parotitis are some of them.
An examination is necessary to find out diagnosis and cure.
How are you doing today? Did you go and see your GP?