Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have been having pain on the right side of my chest (under

Hi I have been having pain on the right side of my chest (under ribs) for a few weeks. The pain also moves into my back in the same area.It gets worse upon exertion and over the past week I have been feeling light headed and dizzy on occasion and very occasionally experience mild palpitations. Feeling generally off colour but I have no shortness of breath.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.Although the area you specify is not typical of heart associated chest pain but heart related pain can present on the right side of the chest as well. The symptoms you mention: shortness of breath, palpitations, pain on exertion, lightheadedness and your age, all necessitate a visit to the Urgent Care or the A and E for an ECG and a chest x ray along with a cardiac evaluation, both physical exam and lab tests (cardiac markers). Once, heart conditions have been ruled out other causes can be explored. Causes range from muscle spasm to gall bladder stones and inflammation etc.I only get paid for my work on this site if you rate this answer by using the star system on the top of your screen. The conversation will continue even after the rating.Best.