Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have blood pooling in my chest which causes me shortness

Customer Question

I have blood pooling in my chest which causes me shortness of breath and this is increasing. I had a very bad fall last year which caused problems in my neck and back discs. I only discovered I had this yesterday when I saw this listed on a nuclear CT scan.
My specialist will not receive the results of scan until late next week as they are away.
Am I ok to wait to see my specialist?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. Whether it would be OK to wait to see your specialist would depend upon the severity of the shortness of breath. If you are having more severe shortness of breath, including shortness of breath at rest or with minimal exertion, then it would be better to be seen without waiting. However, if the shortness of breath is mild to moderate in severity, then it is not necessary to be seen urgently and you can wait. And this decision can be adjusted depending upon how the symptoms evolve. For example, if the shortness of breath is currently mild to moderate in severity, so that you are waiting, but the shortness of breath becomes severe in one or two days, then it would be appropriate to be seen urgently when the shortness of breath becomes severe. If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Please let me know if I can provide any additional assistance.