Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I went doctors yesterday when I could hardly swallow and be

Customer Question

I went doctors yesterday when I could hardly swallow and be told it was tonsillitis. I've had it a few times so was given penicillin.since Friday my face as swelled on the bottom of my jar line and I can't swallow audios and only drink with straw
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Penicillin allergy is possible to cause facial swelling.The infection can also worsen if resistant to penicillin.You should go to the local hospital for further evaluation.Penicilin should be stopped meanwhile.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/