Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I'm a 49 year old woman, and last 5 months I've had

I'm a 49 year old woman, and for the last 5 months I've had a pain in my lower right side. I'm of normal weight, periods and bowels normal, no other symptoms apart from this pain, which feels tender when pressed. A scan has ruled out an ovarian cyst, and blood tests are normal apart from mild anaemia. The pain has gradually got worse over the months, but painkillers don't help. It's non-cyclical, and is constant throughout the day, from waking. It isn't related to food, and I have a normal appetite. I have followed a vegan and gluten free diet for a month to see if that helps, but no change. The area of pain is about 2 inches below the navel, in the middle of the lower right quadrant. It feels about an inch big, although I can't feel a lump, just a pain. I've convinced myself I have stomach cancer or something equally serious. I'd be really grateful for your help. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Any cancerous tumor will be visible by scan.Also any cancer will cause weight loss, loss of appetite, intestinal obstruction resulting in vomiting, constipation etc.Hence not likely.However your problem is likely local.Nerve impingement at the area can cause constant pain without any other symptoms.This will not be seen in scan any nerve injury.Can be treated with trigger point injection by a pain specialist.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/